Tag Archives: cyclists
Episode 49 of Silly Cyclists is here. There are another 10 slots open for silly cyclists, but who will be in there and why?
10 – Pedal strike can be a big issue if it’s a big one, it can make you crash, so it’s always wise in a big lean over corner to keep the outside pedal down.
9 – I tried to do a cyclocross style dismount (something I’ve done many times), but my wheel or foot slipped at some point and I ended up under the bike and servilely twisting my ankle.
8 – Cyclist coming down a shared use path decides to go on the wrong side of the lane, forcing me to come to a near stop to avoid colliding with him. Be predictable in cycle lanes!
7 – Cyclist passes another cyclist on a two way cycle lane, but didn’t see the oncoming cyclist, so forces him into the road to avoid a collision, pick your places to pass slower cyclists, don’t just presume you can go.
6 – Knowing when to filter is important, doing so at the wrong point can cause a collision. Watch the traffic ahead of you and pick your opportunities wisely.
5 – Cyclist causally rolls through a red and forces other road users to stop to avoid a collision. Stop at red!
4 – Cyclist blasts through a zebra crossing whilst people are crossing, MADNESS!
3 – Cyclist moves over to the left far to soon after setting off from the lights, forcing other cyclists to slow to let him through, selfish and very dangerous. Also STOP AT RED!
2 – Cyclist left hooks another cyclist, seriously?! That is one dumb maneuver and one I would never expect from another cyclist.
1 – Cyclist passes with CM to spare on another cyclist, forcing her to stop as she felt unsafe! Please pass with care!
The next installment of silly cyclists is finally here. Taken longer than I wanted as I upgraded my operating system and it has messed up the codecs etc.. making editing a longer process.
This episodes silly cyclists are silly for the following reasons.
10. Moves across the lane without looking or indicating, potential for a nasty collision if the person behind is not concentrating.
9. The cyclist didn’t stop at a red light and forced other road users to change their path to avoid hitting him.
8. Police officers turning into a side road without looking and into a no entry. Not setting a good example
7. This cyclist has a little wobble, not particularly silly but can be avoided when filtering by going slowly and being ready to put a foot down.
6. Cycles through a red light by weaving in and out of pedestrians and other road users. Speed was excessive and he put other road users at risk.
5. Cyclist cycles through a red light in front of a police officer, they then get pulled over and spoken too!
4. Plenty of cyclists fail to stop at a zebra crossing whilst a pedestrian is attempting to cross.
3. Several cyclists filtering up the inside of a large vehicle which is at the front of the queue. Very risky and a few are caught out.
2. High speed undertake and swerve in front of bus just before a traffic island, very dangerous.
1. Cyclist showing no consideration for cyclists on the shared use area. Dinging their bell repeatedly, going too fast, not giving enough room and skidding to a halt and scaring a small child.